Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Time Portal/Colonization's Culprits

Time Portal/Colonization's Culprits
Who was really behind global European colonization? Can we fairly blame this on the white man alone? What would our time portal show us if it let us peer into the homes of some of Europe's most outstanding historical figures?

(13th century Marco Polo's house.)

Polo: (entering) Honey, I'm home!

Polo's wife: What did you bring me?

Polo: Check this out. (He dumps a pile of jewelry on the table.)

Polo's wife: Wow! Those Chinese are loaded! You have to go back there.

Polo: But I just got home!

Polo's wife: You heard me.

(16th century Hernando Cortez's house.)

Cortez: I've never seen so much gold in my life. We had to reinforce the hull of our galleon or we would have sunk before we even cleared the harbor.

Cortez's wife: When are you going back?

Cortez: Why? They're a peace loving people and they've already been extremely generous.

Cortez's wife: Do you mean to tell me that you're just going to sit there and do nothing while a peace loving people prances around with all that fabulous wealth? What kind of man are you?

(17th century Henry Morgan's house.)

Morgan: (opening a treasure chest) Look, darling, now we can afford to send Junior to a good college.

Morgan's wife: Ingots? Is that the best you can do? I heard that Francis Drake is handing out solid gold bars...
  
More Scripts Statements Songs
© 2007, 2017. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment